Double cutaway sculpted body
Bound mahogany set neck
Nut width 1 5/8”
Rosewood fingerboard (12” radius)
22 fret, 24 ¾” scale
Die cast tuners
Stop tailpiece with adjustable bridge
Dual Duncan Designed humbucker pickups (HB-103N, HB 103B)
2 volume and 2 tone controls
3-way selector switch
Lorien Guitar Recovery Refurbished Instruments
In addition to selling newer factory refurbished instruments, Lorien Guitar Recovery is in the business of recovering unique older Epiphone, Squier, Mexican Fender, and other mid-range guitars for resale.
This instrument was refurbished by Lorien Guitar Recovery. Unlike a typical used guitar, this one was completely checked out, and tested by skilled guitar Technicians, and then put through a multi-point refresh and refurbish process
Our Refurbish Process
First, we inspect the instrument for any physical or functional issues or damage. If the instrument has too much damage or does not meet minimum requirements, it is disassembled for parts and recycled; if it meets basic requirements it is refurbished.
This is what we do:
- All old hardware items that are damaged or non-functional are removed
- All old strings are removed
- All surfaces are treated and/or polished; dents and chips are repaired when appropriate
- Rosewood pieces and fretboards are oiled with Lemon oil
- Hardware is inspected, screws and nuts are tightened; non-functional pieces are replaced
- Electronics, if present, are tested, and all contacts cleaned; broken electronics are replaced
- Saddles and nuts are inspected, and if compromised, they are replaced.
- The instrument is then re-assembled with new strings
- The instrument receives a basic setup for playability.
Is it “Original”?
We try to stay “original”, but we never have the history of these older guitars, so we don’t know if they came to us already altered, so we never claim originality. But we do refresh a lot of older instruments and thus we can make intelligent guesses. Look to our descriptions as to the items we added or changed, or differences we see when we refurbish it.
Too many used instruments get rejected, and tossed into a closet, or outright thrown away, or sent to thrift stores. And too many people, who should be able to learn an instrument, can’t afford to buy one or only one that is hard to play.
We believe every instrument should have a second chance, and every aspiring guitar player, should have a chance to buy a good guitar, at a fair price…. This is one of those guitars…. Don’t let it pass you by…. I offer my guitars at a fair price but always open to a reasonable best offer. We have to reject low-ball offers, but always consider honest ones. Try it; I may be in a good mood today! If you have a low budget or no budget, let us know. We’ll do our best to get you an instrument that is playable and affordable.
Thanks for Looking…
Lorien Guitar Recovery
Saving the World, One Guitar at a Time